1. PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Veecamp website, www.veecamp.com, is directed to parents and guardians of our participants. In keeping with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), Veecamp limits the collection of personal information from kids. The sole information that we collect at registration time for all participants are: name, email address and phone number.
1.2 Internet Protection
Veecamp makes every reasonable effort to prevent participants from being exposed to inappropriate web content. However, should we use computer with Internet access, we are not installing any Internet filtering software on our computers and some inappropriate content may inadvertently be accessed. We take reasonable precautions to guard against inappropriate material from being viewed. If inappropriate content is viewed, the instructor will follow standard protocol. Participants found in violation of our “common sense” Internet policy may be removed from camp without receiving a refund.
Veecamp does not share email addresses or any other personal information with third parties interested in collecting information about you. We do not sell, rent, give or trade personal information we collect from online, phone or paper registrations and or catalog requests.
1.3 How we store your information
We store your personal information in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. Your personal information is accessible only by you and select company employees. Employees are bound by duties of confidentiality and have access to select databases, which are further protected by Veecamp and password requirements.
You are responsible for keeping your password confidential. You agree that you are responsible for any and all communication, transactions and use of services associated with and made using your password. This includes any fees, charges or other obligations that may result from such use. You are responsible for changing your password if you believe your password has been stolen or otherwise compromised. You may not loan, or assign your password or transfer rights under this agreement without prior written consent. Any attempted password assignment or transfer without such consent will be void.
1.4 How we use your information
Veecamp provides for user guided registration process in order to expedite your transactions on our site (through the use of pre-filled forms) and to provide you with better service. When you register, we ask for certain basic information: name, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
1.5 Security of Credit Card Transactions and Information
If you choose to pay online by credit card, you will do so through Stripe or PayPal. For your security, when you pay online your credit card number is not stored in our system. Stripe and PayPal provide an extra level of security for your payments. Only the last four digits of your credit card are available to view by Veemcap. Stripe and PayPal use the industry’s most secure data encryption technologies and physically secure servers that aren’t connected directly to the Internet. We use state-of-the-art Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology to safeguard and protect your personal information and transactions over the Internet.
Your information, including your credit card information, is encrypted and cannot be read as it travels over the Internet.
2. SOCIAL NETWORKING & COMMUNICATION
2.1 Social Networking and Communication on External Sites
During the Program sessions, Veecamp does not expect the Participants to use social networking sites (e.g. YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc.), personal websites, and web logs (blogs), unless required by the syllabus or authorized by the instructor during the ideation process.
2.2 Social Networking and Communication on Internal Sites
Veecamp may include in its Site an online forum where participants can post submissions. We reserve the right to take action to remove any content deemed inappropriate by our standards.
- Veecamp is merely providing a medium in which to socialize online with fellow participants. Users are solely responsible for interactions (including any disputes) with other participants and any volunteers that may advise and assist participants with projects and activities via your use of the Site and Services.
- You agree that Veecamp does not in any way screen participants or review or police statements made by Users or any information a User may provide via the Site or Services.
- You agree that your participant(s) are solely responsible for, and will exercise caution, discretion, common sense and judgment in using the various Sites and Services and disclosing personal information to other participants. On behalf of your participant(s), you agree that they will take reasonable precautions in all interactions with other Veecamp participants, particularly if they decide to meet a participant offline or in person.
- On behalf of your participant(s), you agree that they will not harass, threaten, intimidate, bully, stalk, or invade the privacy of any individual in connection with your use of Veecamp Site and Services; and you further agree not to advocate such activities or to encourage others to engage in any such activities.
3. STAFF BACKGROUND CHECKS
Veecamp requires criminal background checks for all staff (operational, instructional, and corporate) who will be onsite for any duration of time other than check-in and parent open house.
4. PARTICIPANTS/STAFF COMMUNICATION
Under no circumstances are staff members permitted to give personal contact information to students for social networking sites, personal websites or email/instant messaging. All communication between participants and instructors will be done via Veecamp administration or via a temporary WhatsApp group dedicated to the program.
- For the safety of our participants and to protect the privacy of our staff, staff may communicate publicly via the Veecamp Facebook Group or privately to the group via the temporary WhatsApp group. However, staff is not permitted to communicate privately with, give out personal contact info to, or become social media friends with participants under the age of 18.
- Participants may not give their personal contact information to a staff member. To correspond with instructors after the session has ended, the participant’s parent must contact Veecamp to grant permission for the participant to contact the staff member.
- On behalf of your participant(s), you agree they will not give their social networking information to any staff member.
5. COPYRIGHT & INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
You agree that you and your participant will not use the social networking sites to offer, display, distribute, transmit, route, provide connections to or store any material that infringes copyrighted works, trademarks or service marks or otherwise violates or promotes the violation of the intellectual property rights of any third party. Veecamp has adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of the accounts of users who repeatedly infringe or are believed to be repeatedly infringing the intellectual property or proprietary rights of others.
DISCLAIMER: BY USING THE SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES OR SUBMITTING A MEMBER SUBMISSION YOU AGREE THAT VEECAMP IS NOT RESPONSIBLE, AND WILL IN NO EVENT BE HELD LIABLE, FOR ANY: (A) LOST, ILLEGIBLE, MISDIRECTED, DAMAGED OR INCOMPLETE MEMBER SUBMISSIONS; (B) COMPUTER OR NETWORK MALFUNCTION OR ERROR; (C) COMMUNICATION DISRUPTION OR OTHER DISRUPTIONS RELATED TO INTERNET TRAFFIC, A VIRUS, BUG, OR WORM OR NON-AUTHORIZED INTERVENTION; OR (D) DAMAGE CAUSED BY A COMPUTER VIRUS OR OTHERWISE FROM YOUR ACCESS TO THE SITE OR SERVICES. THE SITE, SERVICES, VEECAMP CONTENT AND MEMBER SUBMISSIONS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITH NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. VEECAMP, AND ITS SUPPLIERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE SITE, SERVICES, VEECAMP CONTENT AND MEMBER SUBMISSIONS, WHETHER THE PROVISION OF SERVICES OR YOUR SUBMISSION OF A MEMBER SUBMISSION WILL PRODUCE ANY LEVEL OF PROFIT OR BUSINESS FOR YOU OR LEAD TO ECONOMIC BENEFIT, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF QUALITY, AVAILABILITY, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN ADDITION, VEECAMP MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT THE SITE OR SERVICES WILL BE ERROR FREE OR THAT ANY ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED. SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
6. PHOTO & MEDIA RELEASE
You agree that all images, testimonials, survey responses, photos, video and audio taken at or in connection with Veecamp are the sole and exclusive property of Veecamp.
- As a condition of enrollment, you must agree and authorize that photos may be taken of your student. You also agree that said content may be used by Veecamp in promotional and marketing materials and online media.
- You agree, testimonials, survey responses, photos, videos and audio may be shared and used by other organizations that work with Veecamp.
- You agree that Veecamp, its owners, agents, partners, facility providers, and employees are not held liable for damages and injuries associated with Veecamp publishing, including any and all claims based on negligence.
- You agree that Veecamp in camp promotional materials and other print and online media may use all projects and work created while at Veecamp for camp purposes. These projects may be shared and used by other organizations that work with Veecamp. You agree that Veecamp may submit any digital movie created during a camp to a film festival or a social media like YouTube.
Effective date: December 1, 2019
Veecamp (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the website (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
- Service: Service is the website operated by Veecamp
- Personal Data: Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data
- Usage Data: Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Cookies: Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Processors (or Service Providers): Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject (or User): Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection & Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so (“Location Data”). We use this data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customise our Service.
You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time by way of your device settings.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies.We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies.We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies.We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use Of Data
Veecamp uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Veecamp may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
Retention Of Data
Veecamp will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Transfer Of Data
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Veecamp may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Veecamp may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Veecamp
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Veecamp aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you.Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification.You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object.You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction.You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability.You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent.You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Veecamp relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
The payment processor(s) we work with are: Stripe and PayPal.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
The sole information that we collect at registration time regarding all participants are: name, email address and phone number. Besides that, we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.